1. Transaction name: Registration of marriage with resident of foreign countries, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
2. Department in charge: Jiangsu Provincial Service Center for Cross-border Marriage and Adoption
3. Promised Completion Deadline: one working day
4. Legal Completion Deadline: one working day
1) Marriage registration is free of charge
2) File storage fee: RMB 250/folder (Su Jia Fei Han  No. 43)
6. Address: 82, Changcheng Building, Taiping North Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
7. Tel: 025-84510099; 025-84519016
8. Office hours: 8:30-11:30; 13:30-17:30, Monday to Saturday (excluding national holidays)
9. Legal basis
Pursuant to Paragraph 2, Section 2 of the Regulations on Marriage Registration (State Council Ordinance No. 387), marriage between a Chinese and a foreign citizen, a citizen of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Macau Special Administrative Region or Taiwan, or a Chinese person holding foreign citizenship, shall be registered with the provincial-level civil affairs department of the corresponding province, autonomous region and municipality, or the body designated by such civil affairs department.
The marriage shall conform to the requirements of the Marriage Law, the Regulations on Marriage Registration and Marriage Registration Standards.
11. Required application materials
The foreign citizen who intends to marry a Chinese citizen shall: 1) provide his/her valid passport and other documents for international travel; 2) present proof provided by the notary organization or other organization with such authority that has been certified by the embassy/consulate of the PRC in his/her home country, or proof provided by the embassy/consulate of his/her home country in China that he/she has no spouse; or proof provided by the embassy/consulate of the PRC in his/her home country that can prove he/she has no spouse.
If such proof is provided by a country that has no diplomatic relations with China, it shall be certified by the embassy/consulate of a third country that has diplomatic relations with both China and his/her home country and the embassy/consulate of China in this third country, or certified by the embassy/consulate of this third country in China.